While Rihanna waits for her first #1 album, she continues to set records on the Hot 100. "We Found Love," Rihanna's collabo with Calvin Harris, tops the Hot 100 for the fifth straight week. In the U.K., it holds at #1 for the sixth week. It's the second song of 2011 to log five or more weeks at #1 in both countries. It follows Adele's "Someone Like You," which spent exactly five weeks on top in both countries.
Two more Rihanna songs enter the chart this week. "Talk That Talk" (featuring Jay-Z) is the week's top new entry at #31. "Where Have You Been" opens at #65. These new entries give Rihanna a total of seven songs on this week's Hot 100 (counting featured credits).
Here's the low-down on this week's top 10 songs.
1. Rihanna featuring Calvin Harris, "We Found Love." The song logs its fifth straight week at #1. This is its 10th week on the chart; its ninth week in the top 10. Digital sales rank: #2 (209K).
2. LMFAO, "Sexy And I Know It." The song logs its fourth straight week at #2. This is its 13th week on the chart; its 10th week in the top 10. Digital sales rank: #1 (226K).
3. Bruno Mars, "It Will Rain." The song jumps from #5 to #3 in its ninth week on the chart. This is its third week in the top 10. Digital sales rank: #3 (196K).
4. Maroon 5 featuring Christina Aguilera, "Moves Like Jagger." The former #1 song rebounds from #6 to #4 in its 23rd week on the chart. This is its 18th week in the top 10. Digital sales rank: #6 (125K). The song ranks #6 for the year-to-date. It's one of only two songs in the current top 10 (along with "Party Rock Anthem") that's also in the top 10 for the year-to-date.
5. Adele, "Someone Like You." The former #1 song drops from #3 to #5 in its 21st week on the chart. This is its 13th week in the top 10. Digital sales rank: #7 (124K).
6. David Guetta featuring Usher, "Without You." The song drops from #4 to #6 in its 13th week on the chart. This is its ninth week in the top 10. Digital sales rank: #9 (107K).
7. Gym Class Heroes featuring Adam Levine, "Stereo Hearts." The song rebounds from #8 to #7 in its 24th week on the chart. This is its 12th week in the top 10. Digital sales rank: #8 (114K).
8. Flo Rida, "Good Feeling." The song dips from #7 to #8 in its ninth week on the chart. This is its fourth week in the top 10. Digital sales rank: #4 (141K).
9. Katy Perry, "The One That Got Away." The song jumps from #10 to #9 in its seventh week on the chart. This is its second week in the top 10. Digital sales rank: #5 (137K).
10. LMFAO featuring Lauren Bennett & GoonRock, "Party Rock Anthem." The former #1 song rebounds from #16 to #10 in its 36th week. This is its 26th week in the top 10.
"Take Care" by Drake featuring Rihanna drops from #9 to #25 in its second week.
"Dance (A$$)" by Big Sean featuring Nicki Minaj jumps from #21 to #18 in its eighth week…Minaj's own hit, "Fly" (featuring Rihanna), jumps from #25 to #19 in its 14th week…Gavin DeGraw's "Not Over You" jumps from #35 to #26 in its 16th week. The record has some of the punch of Andrew Gold's 1977 hit "Lonely Boy"...Lady Antebellum's "We Owned The Night" holds at #34 for the second week (it has climbed as high as #32). In addition, the song steps up to #1 on Hot Country Songs. It's the trio's sixth #1 country hit.
"Make Me Proud," a former top 10 hit by Drake featuring Nicki Minaj, rebounds from #72 to #39 in its ninth week. It's right back where it was two weeks ago. (I hope it had a nice trip.)…Nickelback's "When We Stand Together" drops from #44 to #48 in its ninth week. Another Nickelback song, "Lullaby," bows at #89. Both songs are from the band's new album Here And Now, which enters The Billboard 200 at #2. If it had sold just 500 more copies, it would have been #1. You already know that if you read Chart Watch: Albums. If you missed it, here's a link.
"Young, Wild & Fire," a former top 10 hit by Snoop Dogg & Wiz Khalifa featuring Bruno Mars, rebounds from #57 to #47 in its seventh week…Adele's "Set Fire To The Rain" jumps from #74 to #56 in its 13th week. This is its highest ranking to date…"I Like It Like That" by Hot Chelle Rae featuring New Boyz rebounds from #70 to #58 in its eighth week.
"I Like How It Feels" by Enrique Iglesias featuring Pitbull and the WAV.s re-enters the chart at #74, a new high for the song. It's from Iglesias' current album, Euphoria…Daughtry's "Crawling Back To You" re-enters the chart at #78. The song has already climbed as high as #41…"Strip" by Chris Brown featuring Kevin McCall bows at #85. It's from Brown's fifth studio album, Fortune, which is due March 12.
T.I.'s 2008 hit "Whatever You Like" also tops the 4 million mark this week. It's his second 4-million-seller. "Live Your Life" (featuring Rihanna) has sold 4,212,000 copies.
"Love You Like A Love Song" by Selena Gomez and the Scene tops the 1 million mark in digital sales this week.