Well, readers, was 2010 the best year in music ever?
Yes. Yes, it certainly was. Let's review some of the wonderful things that happened last year:
- Bret Michaels defeated a massive subarachnoid hemorrhage with his massive celebrity powers!
- Keith Richards wrote a physics textbook that satisfactorily explained Bose-Einstein statistics!
- Justin Bieber sold 3 million albums, 3.5 million singles, and appeared in Framed an unprecedented four times! And the Framed stuff was pretty damn good!
- Katy Perry showed too much cleavage for Sesame Street! But not for Framed's readers!
- Carrie Underwood got married! To a Canadian hockey fellow!
- Taylor Swift sold over a million albums in one week! To people who could hear!
- Dress designers declared a truce in their decades-long war with the cattlemen! All for Lady Gaga!
- Chris Brown cried at the BET Awards! Like a girl who was being hit!
- Miley Cyrus hit the bong!
- Simon Cowell!
We could go on, but you get the idea. It was one helluva great year. And so, to start 2011, this week we're featuring Grammy-nominated Katy Perry's great new video, "Firework," with its feel-good message of empowerment for all.
Referring to the movement that supports LGBT teens, Katy tweeted: "I am officially dedicating (the video) to #itgetsbetter, because everyone has the spark to be a FIREWORK."
We've decided to join Katy by dedicating this week's captions to It Gets Better, too, even though the captions themselves never do! Heck, even the woefully underpaid Robert is bringing a caption to the cause this week! And, as always, we invite you to guess which one he wrote!
C'mon readers. Let's make 2011 year the best year ever!
1 -- "Since my neighbor's house is in foreclosure, I can finally turn that eyesore into the closet I've always dreamed of."
2 -- "Isn't Y! Music great??"
3 -- "In some ways it's a massive urinal, but in others, it's a party scene!"
4 -- "So here's the deal: I'll work towards arsonist status while you withdraw into a murky shadow world. That'll show 'em!"
5 -- "Seriously, Dumbledore's just screwing with us now."
6 -- Cleavage Girl's shocking surprise attack got the breast of Katy! Do you get it?
7 -- Well, now she knew that sex with an M-80 was just wrong, wrong, wrong.
8 -- "This, then, must be Superboy's stupidly-named Place of Aloneness," thought young Lex Luthor.
9 -- "Incredibly enough, I was thinking of the Four of Sparklers!"
10 -- "I'll displace the water!" cried Displacement Girl!
11 -- "Hooray! Framed has survived for another pointless year!"
12 -- "But I don't understand hyperbole or irony! I'm Katy Perry! I got nuthin'!"