Our video this week is just a small slice of that massive output. "I'm A Worried Man," a song written by Johnny Cash, is from 2005's Countryman LP, Willie's first-ever reggae album. It was filmed in Jamaica, and Willie collaborated with reggae legend Toots Hibbert on the song and video, which tell the compelling story of a man simply trying to feed his family.
Although dealing with a downbeat subject, Willie's musical treatment of "Worried Man" is uplifting and funny. As are our captions, which--as always!--seek to make you, the reader, the very best reader that you can be.
Important blog note! You may recall that Framed has worked hand-in-hand with educators everywhere in bringing new, fun learning activities into our nation's classrooms.
It all goes back to the day that concerned teachers contacted us, complaining that kids were spending class time reading this blog rather than attending to their studies. While we couldn't blame the kids, we decided to make lemonade out of those lemons by preparing intriguing essay questions and class discussion suggestions--all based on Framed, of course.
Well, the results were little short of amazing. Teachers wrote in to sing our praises and reported that grade point averages were going through the roof! Mrs. Harriet McKenzie of Torpor Middle School in Laramie, Wyoming, said this: "Your exciting new approach may well be the most powerful learning tool I have seen in over three decades of teaching. God bless you, Framed!"
No problem, Mrs. M. This week, we continue our program with some more great thoughts for classroom activities. Take it away, kids, and be back here next week for even more in the way of Framed!
1. Has Wall Girl ever demonstrated any actual super power? Discuss why this is funny.
2. Compare and contrast Jim The Bird with the albatross in "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner" vis a vis symbolizing the Christian soul.
3. If Gummo granted you one wish, what would it be? If your wish was to lock the Canadian band Rush in amber, freezing them for all eternity, and Gummo granted you three more wishes in recognition of your excellent first wish, what would they be?
4. If Framed were any funnier, would the Universe actually implode? Speculate on what the phrase "black hole of humor" might mean in this context.
5. Based on their posted comments, the average Framed reader: (A) Can't read. (B) Is, and will forevermore be, jobless. (C) Must have someone else turn on their computer for them. (D) All of the these and much, much more.