Chicago and the Doobie Brothers will be playing their classic rock hits. The American Idols LIVE! Tour 2012 features mostly people only Lyndsey Parker is familiar with, since only Phillip Phillips won the whole shebang and Erika Van Pelt placed 10th. Kelly Clarkson, however, an American Idol even I've heard of, will be touring the States with the Fray. Jennifer Lopez and Enrique Iglesias will show off their hot selves for a series of shows. Country music fans can catch Toby Keith, Keith Urban and Kenny Chesney throughout the summer. What remains of the Jacksons will be out there throughout July. And Celine Dion will play Vegas.
But let's get to the ten best, shall we? How did I arrive at these? I used a special formula, tallied the input of thousands of respected music biz professionals and then I guessed!
10) Iron Maiden: Don't run to the hills when you have a chance to see these killers on tour. They'll be swinging upwards to Canada for part of the tour before landing on the left coast. With Bruce Dickinson leading the charge and Dave Murray, Adrian Smith and Janick Gers on guitars, Steve Harris on bass and Nicko McBrain on drums, you've got the line-up you need playing the songs you want. Billed as The Maiden England World Tour, they'll be playing songs from the 1989 video of the same name. Heavy Metal! Ask for it by name!
8) My Morning Jacket: The Black Keys are only playing a few select U.S. dates, but alt.rock's other leaders My Morning Jacket will be playing festivals and headlining shows with possible underliners, Band of Horses, Trombone Shorty and Trampled by Turtles all summer long. Surely, they'll bring enough reverb for everyone! Grow that beard and ponder your life under the stars!
6) Beach House: Don't forget to see the Baltimore, Maryland dream-pop duo Beach House, which features a man and a woman for your viewing pleasure. The fourth and latest album, Bloom, establishes them as a duo riding a creative wave worth hearing. Wild Nothing, yet another dream pop outfit, run by Jack Tatum, will join them on most dates. Prepare yourselves to dream the night away!
4) Def Leppard with Poison and Lita Ford: Since everyone apparently just loves the 1980s these days, what better way to experience the "golden era" than with time spent watching two of the most successful acts of the day and Lita Ford. So far, only one leg of the tour has been announced -- or at least that's what hopeful fans who don't live in the areas being covered are hoping. Watch studio perfectionists Def Leppard reproduce their sound on stage! Listen on the off-chance that someone in the band makes a, gulp, mistake! Watch Poison try to stand up straight!
2) Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival -- Slipknot, Slayer, Motorhead, Anthrax: Anytime you can see Slayer and Motorhead in concert, you're guaranteed to lose a few notches off your hearing -- even with earplugs. The line-up for this festival changes quite a bit with the lower-flying bands slipping in and out of the darkness. When it comes to live music, you really can't go wrong with bands who cut their teeth and other parts of their body on playing live.
- Arts & Entertainment
- The Rolling Stones