So the auditions are over and the show is in its Hollywood Week stage. Sadly, last week's Hollywood episodes got off to a slow and shaky start, with a lot of onscreen barfing sure to spoil any viewer's appetite. But now, with the group rounds finally underway, the show is about to get really spicy (and probably a little cheesy). So tonight, Sarah is serving up appropriately spicy/cheesy fare. Enjoy...
Spicy Pimento Cheese Bites
▪ 8oz Monterey jack cheddar cheese, shredded
▪ 4oz less fat cream cheese
▪ 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
▪ 1 medium jar pimentos, drained
▪ 1/4 cup chopped jalapenos, 1 tbsp whole jalapenos reserved for garnishing
▪ your favorite crackers *Sarah used cracked pepper lentil crackers - delicious!
In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients, through the crackers, in a large bowl until nice and creamy. If it's too thick for your liking, mix in a bit more mayonnaise until you reach the desired consistency.
Top the crackers with the dip. Quarter the remaining jalapenos and garnish each cracker with a small piece of pepper.
Check out Sarah's food and music blogs at http://sarahsmusicalkitchen.com
- American Idol