Tonight, Hollywood Week continues apace with the female contestants' solo round, so for tonight's viewing, Sarah whipped something "girly, simple, and delicious!" Enjoy.
Shrimp & Pesto Crostinis
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 2 oz fresh basil
- 2 tbsp red bell pepper, chopped (reserve 1 tsp for garnish)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- salt and pepper
- 1 package crostinis
To make the pesto, combine all of the ingredients, minus the olive oil, in a food processor and blend. Pour in the olive oil and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly. Set aside.
Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and saute until fragrant. Add the shrimp and saute until nice and pink.
Spread the pesto on the crostini; top with the shrimp and sprinkle with the remaining red bell pepper.
Check out Sarah's food and music blogs at http://sarahsmusicalkitchen.com
- Food & Cooking