This week, one of the themes for the top five "Idol" finalists was "Divas," so Sarah went with classy, feminine finger food suitable for the classiest of cocktail parties. Enjoy!
- 24 cremini mushrooms, stems removed and reserved
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 8oz container frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan, shredded
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Rinse the mushrooms in cold water and place on a large baking sheet. Chop the stems.
Heat the olive oil and butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion and bell pepper until softened. Add the mushroom stems, salt, pepper, parsley, and garlic and sauté for 3-4 more minutes. Add the panko and lightly toast. Remove from the heat and cool.
In a large bowl, mix together the spinach, mozzarella, and parmesan. Add the onion mixture and red pepper and mix until well-combined. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly.
Spoon a heaping teaspoon of the mixture into each mushroom and bake 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden. In the last 5 minutes, broil to help it turn golden on top.
Check out Sarah's food and music blogs at http://sarahsmusicalkitchen.com
- Food & Cooking