So now Sarah is exclusively posting her tasty recipes in Reality Rocks, offering the perfect snacking suggestions for your weekly "American Idol" viewing parties. Tonight's top 11 episode is Motown-themed, so Sarah is offering her own spin on some traditional soul-food appetizers, starting with this delicious chicken recipe...
Creamy Buffalo Chicken Dip
Yields 4-6 servings
▪ 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
▪ 1/2 yellow onion, diced
▪ 1/4 tsp kosher salt and pepper
▪ 2 garlic cloves, minced
▪ 8 oz 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
▪ 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
▪ 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
▪ 8 oz rotisserie chicken, cubed
▪ 4 tbsp wing sauce (I used Franks medium)
▪ green onions for garnish, thinly sliced
Heat the oil in a medium sauce pan over medium-height heat. Saute the onion, seasoned with salt and pepper, until translucent, around 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, around 30 seconds.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the remaining ingredients through the wing sauce. Heat through until the cheese is melted and the dip is smooth. Garnish with green onions.
Serve with your favorite tortilla chips or veggies!
Check out Sarah's food and music blogs at http://sarahsmusicalkitchen.com/
Follow Yahoo! Music:
- American Idol