Can you handle the heat tonight?
Spicy Tomato Salsa
Yields around 4-5 cups of fresh salsa
▪ 28oz can diced tomatoes (Muir Glen is my fav)
▪ 1/2 large yellow onion, cut into quarters
▪ 2 garlic cloves
▪ 1 serrano chile
▪ 1/2 large (or 1 medium) jalapeno pepper
▪ 1/2 large green bell pepper, rough chop (seeds removed)
▪ 1/2 small bunch of cilantro
▪ Juice from 1/2 a lime
▪ 1/2 tsp cumin
▪ 1/2 tsp chili powder
▪ 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
**Disclaimer: I like my salsa pretty spicy. If you prefer yours on the mild side I would suggest removing the seeds and veins. For an even milder salsa, use only one jalapeno pepper minus the ribs and seeds.
Place all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until well mixed. Taste and add additional seasoning to your liking.
Check out Sarah's food and music blogs at http://sarahsmusicalkitchen.com/
Follow Yahoo! Music:
- American Idol