Well, in all fairness, former Gossip Girl star and PrettyReckless lead singer Taylor Momsen says she does not have any beef with Rihanna. She stressed to the BBC'sRadio 1 that her comment about the "Rude Boy" singer published by Spin.comwas misinterpreted.
"I love Rihanna," shelater told the BBC. "I think she's awesome. I really do. People take quotes andthey cut out the middle section -- the compliment part -- and put a comma andmake you sound really rude."
Momsen said she was making a comparison between pop and rock"and talking about the market."
We won't instigate a feud. We will accept her explanation. Butwe can't help taking a side on a related Taylor-vs.-Rihanna issue.
The Pretty Reckless did something the American Idol judges refer to as making the song their own. Theirrendition of "Love The Way You Lie" abandons the rap and focuses on Taylor's dark, raspypain-filled vocals over dramatic acoustic guitars.
Yes, of course, we've got all the details and hot links foryou below. Enjoy. See you next week.
THIS WEEK'S TOP 5NEWS STORIES
1) LoveThe Way You Lie -- A Gossip Girl takeson a "Rude Boy" singer
2) Top100 -- Beatles' greatest songs: Did 'Rolling Stone' get it right?
3) Disqualified-- Wyclef speaks out about failed presidential bid
4) Can'tBe Tamed -- Miley Cyrus takes on controversial movie role
5) TheColor Purple -- Fantasia rebounds to promote new album
Follow Yahoo! Music:
- Arts & Entertainment
- Taylor Momsen