"The family basically extended an invitation of trust for him to come in as a resource to support them, not to go out and make public statements," an irate Lou said Wednesday on The Today Show. "Any statement publicly that he made, because he was brought in under this cloak of trust, [is] just inappropriate...he was not invited to make this part of a public display or part of the media."
Dr. Phil has since cancelled his (seemingly self-serving) plan to shoot a Britney-themed episode of his talk show, though he insists that the episode was originally her family's idea--a claim substantiated by Britney's own manager, Sam Lufti. In the doc's typical outspoken manner, Dr. Phil defended his controversial actions by declaring on Entertainment Tonight, "Somebody needs to step up and get this young woman into some quality care--and I do not apologize one whit, not one second, for trying to make that happen." Allrighty, then...Amy Winehouse, and this week is no exception, because now Amy has something else in common with Britney besides public meltdowns and deplorable choices in hanger-on husbands: blonde hair extensions. Yes, the rehab-rejecting diva has ditched her towering, Marge Simpson-meets-Elvira-meets-circa '63 Priscilla Presley wig for a shocking new peroxide-platinum 'do. And all we can say is (to quote Amy herself): No, no, no! We NEVER thought we'd be saying this, but Amy actually looked better in that ridonkulous B-52's beehive. This woman needs to go back to black, pronto. Carla Bruni. Up until now, this Italian-French singer-songwriter was most famous in America for her alleged adulterous affairs with Mick Jagger and Donald Trump, but now French president Nicolas Sarkozy is about to make an honest woman out of Carla. Yes, only months after his own divorce, Prez Sarkozy has announced that he intends to marry Carla and make her the First Lady of France, proving just how culturally dissimilar America and France are (it's hard to imagine a recently divorced American president marrying a woman with a public past of homewrecking, posing in very little clothing, and recording rock 'n' roll music...not without the threat of impeachment, at least). Silverchair and his pop-singer wife, Natalie Imbruglia, are divorcing after four years of marriage. Too bad--these lookers surely would have made some beautiful little Australian babies together. And speaking of Australian babies, that's the good news: country singer Keith Urban and his actress bride Nicole Kidman are expecting their first child. So after making an online visit to the "Ausslie Slang Quote Generator," to Daniel and Natalie we say, "She'll be apples!" (American translation: "Everything will be okay!"), and to Nicole and Keith we say, "Bonza!" (aka, "Great!").
THIS WEEK'S TOP 10 STORIES:
2) A Real French Twist - Gallic groupie Carla Bruni is set to marry the president of France.
3) How The West Was Lost - Kanye West's mother's autopsy report proves inconclusive.
4) American Idle - Taylor Hicks, Ruben Studdard, and Katharine McPhee have a lot more time on their hands, now that they've all lost their record deals.
5) A Kidman Kid - Nicole is pregnant with her first baby by country-star hubby Keith Urban.
6) Natalie Imbruglia's Marriage Goes Down Under - She's divorcing Australian rock star Daniel Johns.
7) Eminem Admitted - Marshall is hospitalized for pneumonia. Dr. Phil surprisingly refrains from visiting him.
8) You Know Her Hairstyle's No Good - Amy Winehouse's new bleached-blonde 'do is in need of some rehab.
9) Kicked In The Shins? - America's Next Top Model alum Elyse Sewell claims her ex-boyfriend, Marty Crandall of indie darlings the Shins, beat her up.
10) Bif Naked's Battle - The rocker chick announces that she has breast cancer.
- Arts & Entertainment