It's been six months since Kanye West was arrested for hisrumblings with a TMZ photographer at LAX. While the September incident involvedKanye and his business manager destroying the paparazzi's $10,000 camera, manyof us dismissed the ordeal as just another day in the life of the no-holds-barredrapper/producer/Auto-Tune singer. However, dismissing the squabble was not apart of the city attorney's plan. On Thursday, Kanye was charged with threecriminal misdemeanors-vandalism, battery and grand theft. His business manager,Don Crawley, also got served with two counts each of the aforementionedcharges.
We hate to admit this to Kanye, and hope it does not prompta complaint, but his day in court won't win the Best Celebrity ArraignmentAward for the month of April. We know how he loves to win awards, but this one appearsto be a no-brainer coup for his young pal Chris Brown who faces his own chargeson April 6, a week ahead of Kanye. The news of Brown's alleged assault on hisformer girlfriend Rihanna took an interesting turn this week when the teenorganization Do Something created a PSA reenacting Brown's alleged attack onRihanna.
Brown, 19, isn't the only teen heartthrob on the cusp ofshaking his squeaky clean image. High School Musical co-star Zac Efron, who isactually 21, has found a more approving, though dirtier, way to exert hismanliness. For the April cover story for Interviewmagazine Efron posed for a suggestive photo shoot with model Edita Vileviciute.
For the spread photographed by Mikael Jansson, a fullyclothed Efron rolled around in a sandbox with a nude Vileviciute. Efron, who isstill dating HSM co-star VanessaHudgens, described the shoot as "fun." "There was, like a giant sandbox in themiddle of a studio," he says in the cover story that hits newsstands on March24. "And then I just got to roll around in the dirt for a couple of hours. Igot pretty dirty by the end of it, so that was fun."
Efron says that everything he has done in his career thusfar has been safe and now he's ready to take some chances. He has a wish listof film directors he would like to work with but knows that his Disney projectshave not crossed their radar. Well, he is apparently smart enough to know thattaking steamy pics with a beautiful, naked model is a great way to get guys topay attention. Efron's fellow Disney cohorts the Jonas Brothers, on thecontrary, could not be happier to be Disney idols.
Nick, Joe and Kevin don't appear concerned with getting theattention of any particular directors, but they do hope that their friends inthe White House attend their July 13 tour stop at the VerizonCenter in Washington, D.C.When announcing their tour that kicks off on June 20 in Dallas, Kevin told reporters on a conferencecall that the Presidential family has an open invitation to all Jonas shows.
Jane's Addiction's Perry Farrell, Dave Navarro, StephenPerkins and Eric Avery gave attendants at this year's South By Southwest musicconference in Austina nice surprise when they performed. Last April, they reunited for the firsttime in 17 years to play the NME Awards USA. Avery, who has been the loneholdout over the years, says that it took some work to get him back in thefold.
So there you have it, another week of temper tantrums, runins with the cops, controversial leaked photos, and reunions. Music would be soboring without such mayhem. The esteemed Lyndsey Parker will back at the helm next week.
THIS WEEK'S TOP 10 STORIES
1) Shut Up And Drive - Teen organization Do Somethingreenacts Chris Brown's alleged assault on Rihanna.
2) You Got Served - Kanye West receives three criminalmisdemeanor charges for LAX paparazzi scuffle.
3) You Don't Know Zac - Zac Efron gets down and dirty inmagazine photo shoot with nude model.
4) Let It Rock - Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame announcesEminem, Jimmy Page, Ron Wood and Flea as presenters.
5) One For The Money - Jane Addiction's bassist Eric Averyis back after 17 years.
6) Putting On The Hits - Madonna readies her third greatesthits collection.
7) Love, Peace And Proooooooo-bation - Soul Train creator andproducer Don Cornelius receives three years probation for spousal abuse.
8) With Voices Together We Sing - Bruce Springsteen, DaveMatthews, Eddie Vedder and others to sing at Pete Seeger's 90th birthdaytribute.
9) No, No, No - Amy Winehouse vehemently denies hitting awoman after a charity ball in London.
10) I Believe In Miracles - Smokey Robinson's originalrecording group receives star on Hollywood Walk Of Fame.
- Arts & Entertainment
- Kanye West