According to sources at the British tabloid the Sun, the Winehouse family believe that the singer's death on Saturday was the result of alcohol withdrawal. The Sun's inside source claims that doctors had told Winehouse to gradually reduce her intake of alcohol and to avoid binge drinking, but she was so desperate to get clean that she gave up drinking completely. As of yet, no official cause of death has been determined, and toxicology reports are still pending.
- Amy Winehouse's Death: A Troubled Star Gone Too Soon
- Musicians Respond to Amy Winehouse's Death
- Critics Assess Amy Winehouse's Legacy
- Photos: Amy Winehouse Remembered
- Photos: The Tumultuous Life Of Amy Winehouse
- Ronnie Spector Pays Tribute to Amy Winehouse
- The Diva and Her Demons: Rolling Stone's 2007 Amy Winehouse Cover Story
- Up All Night With Amy Winehouse: Rolling Stone's 2008 Story
- Video: Behind the Feature: Claire Hoffman on Interviewing Amy Winehouse
- Photos: Not Fade Away: Amy Winehouse and More Rockers Lost Before Their Time
- Video: Amy Winehouse: Remembering the Soul Icon
- Video: U2 Pay Tribute to Amy Winehouse
- Family: Amy Winehouse's Death 'Leaves a Gaping Hole In Our Lives'
- Courtney Love on Amy Winehouse: 'I'm Gutted'
Photo by Danny Martindale/FilmMagic
- Mitch Winehouse