The announcement of Beyoncé's pregnancy at last night's MTV Video Music Awards was a happy occasion for pretty much everyone except Clint Eastwood, who may have to put his remake of A Star Is Born featuring the R&B queen on hold indefinitely. The film, which was scheduled to shoot in February despite lacking a male lead, will either be put off until after the singer gives birth, or whenever the prolific Eastwood gets around to it (should he choose to take on another project in the meantime).
This could be positive news for the production, though. Since Eastwood and Warner Bros. were having a hard time casting a male lead, the extra lead time may give them a chance to land one of their reported top choices, such as Will Smith or Christian Bale.
- Beyoncé's Fashion Evolution
- Rock & Roll Moms
- 2011 MTV Video Music Awards: Winners and Highlights
- Live-Blogging the 2011 Video Music Awards
- Photos: The Best Moments of the 2011 Video Music Awards
- Video: Lady Gaga Opens VMAs With 'Yoü and I'
- Video: Adele Performs 'Someone Like You' on the VMAs
- Video: Beyonce Rocks 'Love on Top' on the VMAs
- Video: Bruno Mars Pays Tribute to Amy Winehouse at the VMAs
- Watch the First Clip of 'The Hunger Games' Movie
- Lady Gaga as Jo Calderone: 'Britney Spears is Hot'
- Backstage at the VMAs: Rebecca Black, Tyler the Creator, Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj
- Photos: Highlights of the 2010 Video Music Awards
Photo by Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic