Having a song reach the number on spot on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart is a really big deal. It's something that most musicians dream of, but is only achieved by those who have truly "made it". In the history of the Hot 100 chart there have only been seven instances of a song reaching #1 after the artist has died. It's sad to think that these artists did not get to feel the sense of joy and accomplishment that comes with a #1 hit. But on the other hand, could there be a better way to go out? This playlist includes the seven songs that made it to #1 without the artists ever knowing about it and I think you'll remember how most of them died as all seven died tragically.
Billboard Hot 100 Posthumous Number One Singles
1. (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay - Otis Redding
2. Me And Bobby McGee - Janis Joplin
3. Time In A Bottle - Jim Croce
4. (Just Like) Starting Over - John Lennon
5. Hypnotize - The Notorious B.I.G.
6. Slow Motion featueing Soulja Slim - Juvenile (Soulja Slim)
7. Lollipop featuring Static Major - Lil Wayne (Static Major)
Follow what Robert is listening to on Twitter.