The Occupy Wall Street protests have been inspiring a lot of music over the past month. Here at the Y! Music Playlist blog we've already done lists of "Wall Street Songs" and "Songs For Bankers. Today, I was checking out the new album by Five Finger Death Punch, which is aptly titled American Capitalist. This started me looking for tracks with the words "Capitalism", or "Capitalist" in the title. The end result of my search is this playlist, which includes a dozen songs. The interesting thing is that the songs all fit perfectly with the protests going on across the country. There's an undercurrent of angst running through the whole thing, as well as some challenges to capitalism itself.
What would you add?
1. American Capitalist - Five Finger Death Punch
2. Capitalism - Oingo Boingo
3. Capitalism Stole My Virginity - The (International) Noise Conspiracy
4. Capitalist Suicide - Suicide Machines
5. Capitalism And Schizophrenia - M185
6. Capitalism Plus Dope Equal Genocide - Tokyo Sex Destruction
7. Capitalist Suck - D.R.I.
8. This Is Capitalism - Snog
9. Rock For Sustainable Capitalism - Propagandhi
10. The Procession Of Popular Capitalism - McCarthy
11. Capitalist - The Voids
12. Capitalist Myth - Blind Pigs
Follow what Robert is listening to on Twitter