Christmas is such a huge holiday that it's nice not to take it so seriously once in a while. Christmas novelty songs help us do this, if only for a fleeting moment. Many holiday-themed novelty songs have become gigantic hits in their own right. One such song, "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer", has even made a whole career for Dr. Elmo, who released it over 30 years ago. It's the song that just keeps on giving for Elmo Shropshire. We all have our favorite novelty holiday songs and for this list I have included the 10 that popped into my head first. Please let us know what your favorite holiday novelty song is in the comments and I hope you include a lot of laughter in your celebrations this year!
Christmas Novelty Songs
1. All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth - Spike Jones
2. I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas - Gayle Peevey
3. Nuttin' For Christmas featuring Barry Gordon - Art Mooney
4. The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late) - Alvin and the Chipmunks
5. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus - Jimmy Boyd
6. Snoopy's Christmas - The Royal Guardsmen
7. Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer - Dr. Elmo
8. Santa Claus And His Old Lady - Cheech and Chong
9. Twelve Days Of Christmas - Bob and Doug McKenzie
10. Christmas At Ground Zero - "Weird Al" Yankovic
Follow what Robert is listening to on Twitter.