Rock and roll and religion have not had the best relationship over the years. Although there are plenty of "religious rock" bands, and unoffensive secular rock bands, many acts are not looked kindly on by churches because they are seen to promote sex, drugs, and non-conformity. In fact, many groups have built whole careers out of playing on this tension by purposely offending believers. For this playlist I've selected a dozen songs by bands who actually use the word "church" in their band name. Some of these names may have been driven by ego, as if they're deserving of a church designation. But I suspect most of these names where selected out of simple, good old fashioned, rock & roll rebellion.
What bands have I missed?
1. Metropolis - The Church
2. Open Your Eyes - Lords Of The New Church
3. Metal Church - Metal Church
4. Candy Man - Church of Misery
5. Fallen Arrow - Church of Betty
6. The Sword - New Rock Church of Fire
7. The Oven Is My Friend - Church Police
8. Devil Beats (Sonic Temple Mix) - Church Of Extacy
9. Push It To The Limit - Church Boi
10. Strangely, I'm Attracted - Dirt Church
11. Crazay - Electric Church
12. Camillia Is Changing - Chamaeleon Church
Follow what Robert is listening to on Twitter.