You can find doctor metaphors sprinkled across the landscape of rock. In many cases they are used by a songwriter looking to mend a broken heart, but they can also be used as main characters in songs that are more like short stories set to music. The doctor is a profession that still demands respect. Earning the title "Dr." takes more school and training than most of us are willing to commit to. And once a doctor finally gets to start practicing medicine they have hundreds of thousands of dollars in education debt to repay. However, after the loans are paid they can usually live a very comfortable live doing something that is a real benefit to humankind.
This playlist is a classic rock ode for all you doctors. Thanks for putting in the time.
Classic Rock Doctors
1. Good Lovin' - The Rascals
2. Bad Case Of Lovin' You (Doctor, Doctor) - Robert Palmer
3. Doctor My Eyes - Jackson Browne
4. Doctor Wu - Steely Dan
5. Dear Doctor - The Rolling Stones
6. Doctor Jimmy - The Who
7. Somebody Get Me A Doctor - Van Halen
8. Doctor Doctor - UFO
9.Calling Dr. Love - KISS
10. Dr. Feelgood - Motley Crue
11. I Don't Need No Doctor - Humble Pie
12. Doctor Robert - The Beatles
Follow what Robert is listening to on Twitter.