To create this playlist I scanned the Billboard Hot 100 chart, which ranks songs based on how much airplay they are receiving, and pulled out the top 10 love ballads for the week of February 20, 2010. This is the week that includes Valentine's Day. So it's a safe bet to assume many of these songs are showing up on homemade Valentine's Day CDs and playlists. The vast majority of songs in the top 100 are inspired by love, whether it be the joy of a good relationship, or the pain of a bad one. But for this playlist I've only included songs on the lower-key end of the spectrum, which gives the list more consistency. If you enjoy popular music and your heart is bursting with love, or broken by it, there's something in this playlist for you on this Valentine's Day.
Current Top 10 Love Ballads
1. Need You Now - Lady Antebellum
2. Hey, Soul Sister - Train
3. Two Is Better Than One - Boys Like Girls
4. The Truth - Jason Aldean
5. It Kills Me - Melanie Fiona
6. Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart - Alicia Keys
7. Life After You - Daughtry
8. Heartbreak Warfare - John Mayer
9. You & Me - Dave Matthews Band
10. History In The Making - Darius Rucker
Follow what Robert is listening to on Twitter.