Rock and roll and poison go way back. Most music historians believe that the legendary bluesman Robert Johnson was murdered after succumbing to strychnine poisoning at the hands of a lover's jealous husband. And throughout the history of popular music, over-protective parents and ne'er-do-wells have accused music they don't understand of "poisoning the minds of youth". It's quite an image. After all, poison has a reputation of killing slowly and painfully, and it can be given on the sly. The skull and crossbones symbol for poison is also about as rock and roll as it gets. So, I suppose it makes sense that "poison songs" tend to be on the heavy side. That's what I chose to include in the set of songs that sing the praises of poison -- tracks with big electric guitars and grit. And no, I did not include the poser metal band from the 80s who really don't belong in a list of heavy songs.
What would you add?
1. Poison - Alice Cooper
2. Poison Arrow - Sonic Youth
3. The Poison - Bullet For My Valentine
4. Poison My Eyes - Anthrax
5. Poison - Violence to Vegas
6. Sugarcoated Poison Apple - MxPx
7. Of Poisoned Sorrows - Daath
8. Poisoned Water - Mudhoney
9. Poisoned Then Slashed - Chainsaw Dissection
10. The Masters Have Poisoned the Slaves - Hellmouth
Follow what Robert
is listening to on Twitter