I saw a "back to school" story today on the news, and it brought back memories of the day I moved into a cramped dorm room in New Haven, CT many years ago. This month, there are a lot of kids who will have similar experiences as they leave in droves for college. Most of them are filled with excitement, but tempered by some nervousness. For many thousands of co-eds, it will be their first time away from mom and dad for any real length of time. It's inevitable that homesickness will settle in. I can remember it clearly, and from time to time, still feel a little tinge of homesickness late at night. For these young people, the comfort they've known will soon disappear, and they'll be working to forge new lifelong friendships. The proverbial bird thrown from the nest. This playlist of "homesick" songs is dedicated to all those brand new college students who are soon to experience the feeling for the very first time.
What have I missed?
1. Homesick And Lonesome Blues - Blind Boy Fuller
2. Lonesome Homesick Blues - The Carter Family
3. Homesick - The Cure
4. Homesick - Kings Of Convenience
5. Homesick - Soul Asylum
6. Homesick - The Vines
7. Homesick - Train
8. Subterranean Homesick Blues - Bob Dylan
9. Subterranean Homesick Alien - Radiohead
10. Homesick - Atlanta Rhythm Section
11. Homesick - Fury In The Slaughterhouse
12. Home Sick Home - Faith No More
13. Homesick - Pennywise
14. Homesick - Gov't Mule
15. Homesick -- That's All - Frank Sinatra
16. Homesick - Charlie Daniels
17. Homesick - Alabama
18. Tennessee Homesick Blues - Dolly Parton
Follow what Robert is listening to on Twitter.