I'm not what you would call a big iPod fan. Sure, Apple makes great products with fantastic interfaces, but their proprietary approach and buisness model is far from being ideal. For me the subscription model rules. I can take anything with me for an insignificant monthly fee, and when I discover a truly worthy album, I buy the CD. This way I can rip non-protected MP3 files at the quality I desire, get the cover art, liner notes, and keep the original CD as a back up.
However, I do not fall into the iPod-hater camp either. Apple has found their market, and it's a huge one. And their continued dominance in the space demonstrates this fact. Another thing I give Apple credit for is the music they've selected to promote iPod and iTunes since their first commercial aired back in October of 2001.
Many of us have been mesmerized by at least one song featured in iPod commercial at some point in time. And I have asked on many occasions, "Who sings that?" when a new iPod ad appears on my television.
This playlist contains the majority of songs that Apple has used to promote their iPod devices and iTunes software. If you're interested, Wikipedia has the full list including links to the video of each ad.
Even if you don't drink the Apple Kool-Aid, this playlist makes a fine listen.
1. La La La - The Bird And The Bee
2. 1234 - Feist
3. Dance Tonight - Paul McCartney
4. Mi Swing Es Tropical Nickodemus (Remix) - Nickodemus
5. Flathead - The Fratellis
6. Who's Gonna Sing - Prototypes
7. The Audience Is Listening Theme Song - Cut Chemist
8. Someday Baby - Bob Dylan
9. Love Train - Wolfmother
10. Cubicle (Edit) - Rinôçérôse
11. Lose Yourself - Eminem
12. Origin Of The Species - U2
13. Feel Good, Inc. - Gorillaz
14. Technologic - Daft Punk
15. Jerk It Out - The Caesars
16. Ride - The Vines
17. Vertigo - U2
18. Saturday Night - Ozomatli
19. Walkie Talkie Man - Steriogram
20. Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jet
21. Hey Mama - Black Eyed Peas
22. Take California - Propellerheads