The All Music Guide lists 21 musicians who have, at some point in their career, been part of the renaissance rock unit Jethro Tull.
This playlist selects songs by bands that are connected to Jethro Tull through at least one member. It contains a mix of celtic folk, classic rock and progressive rock, just as one would expect, but not as much flute as you would find on the typical Tull record.
If this playlist were in a visual medium, you would also notice a reduction in man-tights and codpieces. So count yourself lucky.
Band family trees are a great way to become familiar with the connections between groups through common group members. And many times they can turn you on to an artist you were not familiar with, especially if you're a fan of the band being traced. For example, most won't be surprised by the Jethro Tull connection to Ian Anderson's solo material, Fairport Convention and Pentangle, but Black Sabbath, Whitesnake and The Proclaimers? Yes, it's true, and you can dig further by clicking on a band member's name at the end of this article. Try your hand a creating your own with the help of allmusic.com or bandtoband.com.
1. My God - Jethro Tull
2. In A Stone Circle - Ian Anderson
3. Cheetah - Curved Air
4. Thirty Years - U.K.
5. Love Is The Drug - Roxy Music
6. You'd Be A Millionaire - Mick Abrahams
7. The Victim - Blodwyn Pig
8. Matty Groves - Fairport Convention
9. Stone Cold - Rainbow
10. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath - Black Sabbath
11. Here I Go Again - Whitesnake
12. The Mighty Quinn (Quinn The Eskimo) - Manfred Mann
13. Jack Orion - Pentangle
14. Will Tomorrow Be The Same - Eclection
15. A Sailor's Life/One More Day - Albion Band
16. I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) - The Proclaimers
17. Another Brick In The Wall, Part 1 - David Palmer
18. Eye Of The Tiger - Survivor
The following have been members of Jethro Tull:
Eddie Jobson Ian Anderson Mick Abrahams Dave Pegg Martin Allcock Martin Barre Don Airey Barriemore Barlow Clive Bunker Gerry Conway Glen Cornick Mark Craney John Evans Andy Giddings John Glascock Jeffrey Hammond-Hammond Dave Mattacks David Palmer Doane Perry Peter John Vettese Jonathan Noyce
- Jethro Tull
- Ian Anderson