There is no footwear more popular with musicians than the boot. From the punk rock aesthetic of Doc Martens, to the hard rock styling of leather riding boots, to the sexy thigh-highs preferred by pop sexpots, to the ubiquitous cowboy boot that is standard issue for country musicians. It's rumored that a musician who does not own at least one pair of boots should not be trusted. I started thinking about boots in music this week when I saw a documentary that showed custom leather boots being made for Motorhead frontman Lemmy. Then today I took some time to sit down with the new Drive-By Truckers album titled Go-Go Boots
. Well, I simply had to build a playlist of songs inspired by the boot and this 15 song list is the end result.
What boot songs would you add?
Ode To Boots
1. Go-Go Boots - Drive-By Truckers
2. These Boots Are Made For Walkin' - Nancy Sinatra
3. Get On Your Boots - U2
4. Boots Like These - Ben Harper
5. Boots Of Spanish Leather - Bob Dylan
6. Boots of Chinese Plastic - Pretenders
7. Dirty Boots - Sonic Youth
8. Die With Your Boots On - Iron Maiden
9. Fairies Wear Boots - Black Sabbath
10. Eleanor Put Your Boots On - Franz Ferdinand
11. Boots On - Randy Houser
12. Led Boots - Jeff Beck
13. Baddest Boots - Toby Keith
14. Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under? - Shania Twain
15. Boots - The Killers
Follow what Robert is listening to on Twitter.