There are a handful of critics who don't get the music of Radiohead, but for me it's just a red flag to avoid all future musical recommendations from such critics. One of the great things about Radiohead is this -- their music is just complex enough that it reveals itself over time, it's not the least common denominator, so prevalent in pop music today. Each new Radiohead album makes the listener feel as if they've earned something, and they have. Although it takes a bit of attention on the part of the listener, it doesn't require so much that it's out of reach for the average music fan.
This playlist includes 18 Radiohead songs as covered by 18 different artists. It's a great look into how their music has influenced fellow musicians.
1. No Surprises - Luka Bloom
2. High and Dry - Jamie Cullum
3. Paranoid Android (A Cappella) - Lachi
4. Fake Plastic Trees - Lori McKenna
5. Karma Police - The Bad Plus
6. Exit Music (For A Film) - Miranda Sex Garden
7. Creep - Scala
8. Airbag - Easy Star All-Stars
9. Just - Mark Ronson
10. Climbing Up The Walls - Kate Rogers
11. 2+2=5 - Christopher O'Riley
12. Reckoner - Walt Ribeiro
13. 15 Step - The Gentlemen of Nuco
14. Everything In Its Right Place - Amnesiac Quartet
15. The Bends - Anthrax
16. Idioteque - Cory Wong Quartet
17. How To Disappear Completely (And Not Be Found) - Lunasect
18. Planet Telex - Pickin' On
Follow what Robert is listening to on Twitter.