happyLast week, I published a playlist of "Happy Songs". To build it, I selected popular songs titled "Happy". This week I wanted to continue with the theme.
Music has a powerfully ability to connect with people on an emotional level. But the most moving songs usually have nothing to do with the lyrics or even the skill of the musicians. Emotionally powerful songs hit hardest when the performer is feeling it. Emotions can indeed be transmitted through sound waves with the right broadcaster and receiver. This is pretty incredible when you think about it.
The gambit of human emotion has been expressed through song, and if I had to pick the emotion that is most difficult to convey I would have to go with happiness. It's just hard create a "happy" song without coming off as sappy. But when your feeling good nothing can compliment a positive moment better.
For this list I thought about songs with a happy theme, but I chose to use the top 10 most sickeningly happy songs that came to my mind first. These are songs that, without any doubt, are tapped into good feelings.
There are a lot of positive vibes to go around in this playlist. If you're in a good mood, you'll love it. If you're not, you may find it "sickening".
I hope it's the former.
What would be on your list of Sickeningly Happy Songs?
Sickeningly Happy Songs
1. Walking On Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves
2. Don't Worry, Be Happy - Bobby McFerrin
3. Shiny Happy People - R.E.M.
4. Three Little Birds - Bob Marley
5. What A Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
6. I Can See Clearly Now - Johnny Nash
7. Daydream - The Lovin' Spoonful
8. Sunshine, Lollipops And Rainbows - Lesley Gore
9. Joy To The World - Three Dog Night
10. Happy Days Are Here Again - Johnny Marvin
Follow what Robert is listening to on Twitter.