One of these universal man rules is that you are to never to date, or even think about dating a friend's girlfriend. This goes for the present time, and any time in the future. This rule extends until death and there is no statute of limitations. All men know this rule as it's programmed into the genetic code that makes us men. Any man who breaks this rule does so willingly, so forgiveness is not required.
With this man rule in mind I've crafted a playlist of songs about men who've been perpetrators or victims of this horrible man code violation. In some cases these songs are true stories, which is really hard for me to believe. Not only would a man break the code, but write a song about it!
I'm looking at you Eric Clapton.
Yet here they are, 10 songs about a friend's girlfriend. What have I missed?
Songs About A Friend's Girlfriend
1. Backstabbers - The O'Jays
2. My Best Friend's Girl - The Cars
3. Jessie's Girl - Rick Springfield
4. The Girl of My Best Friend - Elvis Presley
5. Layla - Derek & The Dominos
6. I Want Your Girlfriend To Be My Girlfriend Too - Reel Big Fish
7. Kickin' It With Your Girlfriend - R. Kelly
8. Thing For Your Girlfriend (feat. Kay Young) - Royce Da 5'9"
9. Girlfriend - Bobby Brown
10. I Want Your Girlfriend - Brad Passons
Follow what Robert is listening to on Twitter.
- Arts & Entertainment
- Family & Relationships