The vast majority of popular music is created with a 4/4 time signature, and many casual music fans can recognize 3/4 time, which is the time signature for a waltz. But most non-musician types could not pick out many of the unusual time signatures that exist. The time signature (or meter signature) of a song is made up of the number of beats in a measure (top number) and the note value that makes up one beat (bottom number). For this playlist I wanted to explore songs with a rare 10/4 time signature. Many of the songs in this list are completely in 10/4, while some only have parts that are in 10/4. If you would like to hear what 10/4 time sounds like this is the playlist for you. As an added bonus this is also a great listen -- it may just make you a fan of 10/4 even if you never knew it existed before.
Please let me know of any other songs you're aware of that feature 10/4 time.
Songs In 10/4 Time
1. Everything In Its Right Place - Radiohead
2. Alpha Beta Gaga - Air
3. Looks Good (But You Looked Away) - The Helio Sequence
4. The Bells Are Ringing - They Might Be Giants
5. Playing In The Band - The Grateful Dead
6. Perpetual Change - Yes
7. Thick As A Brick - Jethro Tull
8. Just Like You Imagined - Nine Inch Nails
9. Allegro Calmo Senza Rigore - Benjamin Britten
10. Go To Sleep - Radiohead
Follow what Robert is listening to on Twitter.