An anti-drug rock song sounds like an oxymoron. But in fact, those who've seen the destructive power of drugs up close can produce a much more powerful anti-drug message than any tax-rich, government PSA writer.
Many of the anti-drug songs in this list were inspired by first hand experience. Each one is delivered not only with musical credibility, but with subject matter credibility as well. Not all of these bands practiced what they preached consistently during their careers, so my suggestion is do as they say, not as they do.
These are, in my opinion, the top 10 anti-drug classic rock songs ever recorded. If you disagree, please add to the comments which songs you would drop, and what you would replace them. But remember they need to fall within the genre of "classic rock".
Top 10 Anti-Drug Classic Rock Songs
2. The Needle And The Damage Done - Neil Young
3. That Smell - Lynyrd Skynyrd
4. Cocaine - Eric Clapton
5. Mr. Brownstone - Guns N' Roses
6. The Pusher - Steppenwolf
7. Amphetamine Annie - Canned Heat
8. Kicks - Paul Revere & the Raiders
9. Suicide Solution - Ozzy Osbourne
10. Casey Jones - The Grateful Dead
Honorable mention: Cold Turkey - John Lennon