Yesterday's playlist was the Top 10 Songs About Money
, and in that blog post a reader left a comment to mention the B-52's song "Legal Tender". I have always loved this lesser-known track by the great Athens, Ga. band, but I consider it more of a crime-themed song than a song about money. It's a song about counterfeiting to be exact. That comment inspired this list and got me thinking about all the great music written about crime. But instead of just doing a playlist of songs about crime, I narrowed the list a bit by limiting my selections to only include songs that were released in the 1980s. Please add any 80s songs inspired by crime to the comments.
Top 10 Crime Songs of the 1980s
1. Legal Tender - The B-52's
2. Stand And Deliver - Adam Ant
3. Smooth Criminal - Michael Jackson
4. Breaking The Law - Judas Priest
5. Murder By Numbers - The Police
6. Exit - U2
7. Used To Love Her - Guns N' Roses
8. Shoplifters Of The World Unite - The Smiths
9. Stealing Peoples' Mail - Dead Kennedys
10. Diane - Husker Du
Follow what Robert is listening to on Twitter.