2012 YEAR IN REVIEW
The standout news & pop obsessions gleaned from your search habits
Year in Review 2012: International Affairs
Between exiled activists, embassy assaults, murderous wives, imprisoned punk bands, and abandoned Italian cruise ships, there was enough international intrigue in the news to fill 20 versions of "Skyfall." Here are 10 international news stories that generated the most searches on Yahoo! in 2012.
- Photo By Brendan McDermid Mon, Dec 3, 2012 1:00 AM EST
Photo Galleries By Category
Related Search Results
- Woman on Trump: 'Somebody had to stand up to him'
CHICAGO (AP) — An 87-year-old woman who alleges Donald Trump cheated her in a skyscraper-condo sale told jurors Monday she had qualms about suing the real estate mogul and TV celebrity. But, she quickly added, "Somebody had to stand up to him."
- Justin Bieber's monkey becomes German property
BERLIN (AP) — Justin Bieber's pet monkey is no longer his.
- OJ Simpson lawyers say he is closer to freedom
LAS VEGAS (AP) — The latest high-stakes court hearing for O.J. Simpson in the glitzy capital of big gambles has come to a close with the former football star's defense team feeling confident that their client is closer to getting out of prison.
- Microsoft expected to reveal next-generation Xbox
REMOND, Wash. (AP) — Will Xbox mark the spot once again for Microsoft?
- At last: 'Arrested' is reborn Monday on Netflix
NEW YORK (AP) — Portia de Rossi only believed it was happening when her agent got the good news from the producers. Michael Cera only believed it was happening when the cameras rolled.
- Teen star Zendaya finishes 1st on 'Dancing' finals
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Four finalists are vying for the "Dancing With the Stars" title, and just one point separates the top two contestants.
- Charismatic Las Vegas mob lawyer mayor pens memoir
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Oscar Goodman ran Las Vegas for 12 years with a showgirl on his arm and a martini in his fist.
- NY Cuomo letter warns Kardashian over T-shirt logo
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo's sent a letter to Khloe Kardashian informing the reality star the logo on her T-shirt line may be violating copyright law.