Kesington Kross knows how to make an introduction.
The new soul, pop, rock singer debuted Tuesday the video for his infectious booming ballad, "Gimme Your Love," a song about instant attraction.
While the lyrics describe bliss in standard terms ("Something about the way you're looking tonight, Took my breath away at first sight"), his pacing, emotive delivery makes him distinct.
The video's surprisingly mysterious, dark and science-fiction backstory adds even more textures.
Here's nine reasons why the "Gimme Your Love" video could double as a film:
1. The policing, space age helicopter in the opening scene is too fly for a music video.
2. Seconds into the story, Kesington and his boys come across a body in an alley. The digital reading reveals that the suspect has been terminated.
3. Dressed like characters from the "Matrix," Kesington and his crew aren't fazed.
4. When they hear something moving behind the trashcans, they don't flea, they investigate.
5. Good for Kesington, the person in hiding turns out to be a stunning, green-haired woman.
6. She instantly becomes his boo thang.
7. But the dead guy apparently has a love interest too, and she is not pleased. Her eyes are literally bloodshot red.
8. Thanks to the technology, she receives a surveillance playback of the scene, and identifies Kesington.
9. She tracks Kesington's location, and ensues pursuit before a To Be Continued message appears on the screen.
A video storyline hasn't been this captivating since R. Kelly's "Trapped in the Closet."
- Arts & Entertainment