Love is in the air, and Miley Cyrus will be too — while riding a giant hot dog. The controversial singer kicks off her "Bangerz" tour on February 14 in Vancouver, and it is sure to give romantics something to twerk about.
While many people will be celebrating with flowers and chocolates on Valentine's Day, Cyrus fans attending the first night of her tour can expect to be showered with gifts, enthralled with live singing, and celerate the return of the crying cat, plus tons more.
Here is everything you need to know about Miley Cyrus's "Bangerz" tour:
1. Miley's got some serious fashion designers on her side. Along with Roberto Cavalli, whose sketches for Cyrus's costumes were released, the singer also enlisted Marc Jacobs, The Blonds and Jeremy Scott to create looks for her tour. Some vintage Bob Mackie pieces will also be thrown in the mix.
2. The flying hot dog is a real thing. Cyrus tweeted some rehearsal photos that show some of the outrageous stage props ticketholders can expect. Every entrance and exit the singer makes will be on some sort of enormous prop.
3. There will be tons of animals, both animated and costumed, plus choreography. In fact, Miley said the whole tour was based on animals.
4. The singing, crying cat will return, along with lots of other custom animation created by "Ren & Stimpy" creator John Kricfalusi. Also, it appears she will be twerking in Western wear.
5. Everything will be bigger in Mileyland, especially her screen. To really make her visuals pop, Cyrus will be touring with a screen that is so big that it will be cumbersome even for her massive tour.
6. It will be raining freebies. During a telephone press conference last month, Cyrus said, "I’m a little bit of a hoarder, so I hope my fans become hoarders. I want to give them real things they can collect. I’ll have things falling out of the sky that most people would sell at the merch table." For her career-making 2013 MTV VMAs performance, gift bags with marshmallows and pictures of her dog Floyd were tossed into the audience, so we can expect something equally as silly for her tour.
7. Special guests galore, y'all! Cyrus will be dragging her album collaborators out in whatever city she can find them in. With names like Britney Spears, Nelly, Ludacris and Pharrell contributing to her songs, we're all hoping she can convince her more famous "Bangerz" buds to jump on stage.
[Related: The Evolution of Miley Cyrus's Hair]
8. Cyrus has acoustic versions of her songs on deck just in case. The singer has a planned 90-minute set, but will pull out her acoustic jams depending upon the energy of the crowd and what city she's in. Most of her set will be focused on her latest album, with just a few oldies sprinkled in.
9. Icona Pop and Sky Ferreira will be opening. Cyrus said of her tourmates, "I think it's hard for friends that are in their 20s to be friends with other girls. There's a lot of competition, and what I love about her [Sky Ferreira] is we've never felt that way. Icona, they had a really good year, and I think they're a band that people can look out to be rising even more." It will be a ladies night to remember.
- Arts & Entertainment
- Miley Cyrus