T.I.'sMarch 5 visit to Woodland Middle School in Stockbridge, Georgiahas outraged parents.
Myerstold WSBTV Channel 2Action News that his complaints to Woodland Middle Schoolprincipal Dr. Terry Oatts were dismissed, the network reported Thursday.
Myersshared with WSBTV a complaint letter he emailed to Oatts. "In the future, ifT.I. or any other convicted felon needs to perform community service, ask forparental permission to allow our children to be exposed to these questionableindividuals," he wrote.
Myerswas shocked by a flippant response he received from Oatts.
Whencontacted by WSBTV, Oatts replied, "No comment."
T.I.'sappearance at Woodlandwas confirmed by a representative for Henry County Schools. While parents werenot notified in advance about T.I.'s visit, they were informed about a recentshowing of a World War II documentary about the Holocaust.
PrincipalOatts disagreed with Myers' proposed approval process. "Mr. Harris has neverbeen convicted of homicide," Oatts replied about the rapper whose birth name is Clifford Harris, Jr. "We wouldnot be able to adequately staff our states general assembly, our U.S. Congressor the executive branch of our government using your apparent standards."
Thenews of the email exchange has prompted school officials to investigate.
THISWEEK'S TOP 5 NEWS STORIES
1) Don'tStop Believing - Bret Michaels battling brain hemorrhage.
2) HardTo Say Goodbye - Iconic rapper Guru succumbs to cancer.
3) JustSay No - Christina Aguilera and Grace Jones rain on Lady Gaga's parade.
4) BreatheAgain - Rihanna hospitalized after Switzerland concert.
5) MoMoney Mo Problems - Notorious B.I.G. wrongful death lawsuit dismissed.
- Arts & Entertainment
- Woodland Middle School