Perhaps more surprising, and newsworthy, than Adam's actual acknowledgment of the "pink elephant" in the room were his other expletive-riddled confessions in Rolling Stone--having to do with his drug dalliances, his wild European-travel escapades, his decision to audition for Idol while attending the psychedelic desert festival Burning Man, and even his past crush on Idol winner Kris Allen, among other shockers.
One might assume that Adam's latter confession might make things a little uncomfortable when the two former Idol roommates and supposed BFFs, occasionally known as Kradam, bunk up together again on the Idols Live tour bus starting next month. But married, heterosexual, good-humored Kris took the news of Adam's unrequited man-crush in his characteristically laid-back stride, telling People: "I'm flattered. And think it's hilarious." (As do we!)
Spokespeople for the Tony Awards were quick to report that Bret was unharmed, and even blamed Bret for the accident, saying he "missed his mark" and implying that he'd grandstanded onstage for too long. But Bret later denied this, saying on his website (which also featured somewhat disturbing, bloody photos of Bret's facial injuries): "First, I thought, 'what mark?' as there was no official mark, just a retracting drum riser and an overhead prop being rapidly lowered which was out of my view."
Bret's publicist also expressed disdain over how Tonys officials reacted to the accident, somewhat justifiably stating: "I feel had this incident happened to [fellow Tony Awards performers] Liza Minnelli, Dolly Parton, or Elton John, the Tonys would have at least issued a letter of concern."
However, in the end Bret, like much of America, was able to see the undeniable comedy here. He blogged, "I am trying to remain very positive and somewhat humorous about the whole situation," and recalled the surreal post-accident backstage scene thusly: "Somebody handed me a towel to wipe the blood from my face and in my dazed state I recall staring at what seemed to be Shrek, a talking goat head, and several monkey-like creatures." (Sounds like the cast of an '80s Poison video, actually...)
This apparently did not sit well with Lindsay, who spoke out as seemingly all un-self-censored celebs do nowadays: on her Twitter page. "I thought REAL doctors talked to patients in offices behind closed doors. Am I wrong?" she tweeted. "Hmmm I think not." As of this writing, Dr. Drew has not directly tweeted back.
Was she just trying to make Justin jealous? We're not sure, but Justin's own Twitter posts indicated he was taking the breakup way harder than Miley was. "How many tears are in there? They've gotta run out soon right?" Justin tweeted, adding a forlorn John Mayer lyric: "Do I have to fall asleep with roses in my hands?"
Oh, young love is so bittersweet. Or is that bittertweet?
In the song, Hova complained that he's had enough of the hip-hop scene's current obsession with ringtones, and rhymed that current rap artists are "T-Pain'ing" too much on their singles. But apparently Auto-Tune king T-Pain didn't take offense, as he good-naturedly paid Jay-Z a surprise onstage visit last Sunday, showing up unannounced while Jay-Z was performing "Death Of Auto-Tune" at Hot 97's Summer Jam concert in New York.
And while that particular news item does not mark the death of That's Really Week, it does mark the end of this particular entry. So come back next Friday for more headspinning headlines, and until then, goodnight and good music.
THIS WEEK'S TOP 10 STORIES:
1) Out-And-Proud Cover Boy - "Wild Idol" Adam Lambert officially comes out in the new issue of Rolling Stone.
2) Nothin' But A Bad Time - Poison's Bret Michaels bangs his head, literally and painfully, at the Tony Awards.
3) Introducing...Chaz Bono - Cher's daughter, formerly known as Chastity, undergoes a sex change.
4) Phil Flips His Wig - Spector's shocking bald prison mugshot leaks online.
5) Jay-Z Keeps It Real - Hova slams computer-processed hip-hop vocals in "Death Of Auto-Tune."
6) She's Just Being Miley - Cyrus airs her post-breakup dirty laundry on Twitter.
7) Queen Latifah's Shock Confession - The A-list star reveals to Essence that she was sexually abused as a child.
8) LL Vs. DD - Lindsay Lohan tweets back after Dr. Drew claims she's on a path to self-destruction.
9) Chris Brown Heading Back To Court - His attorney loses a bid to delay his Rihanna assault hearing.
10) Madonna Has Mercy - Mama Madge wins her adoption bid for Mercy, a 3-year-old Malawian orphan.
- Arts & Entertainment
- Adam Lambert