"I don't think you should have sex with anyone unless you love them," Bieber says. When asked if he believes in abstinence until marriage, Bieber - who is reportedly dating fellow teen star Selena Gomez - seems wary: "I think you should just wait for the person you're...in love with."
Watch video of Justin Bieber's Rolling Stone cover shoot with Terry Richardson below.
Near the end of their time together Grigoriadis caught a glimpse of Bieber's desktop image on his laptop: It was him and Gomez against an orange sunset. Bieber quickly closed the computer when he noticed that Grigoriadis had seen the picture.
Other highlights from the story:
- The Canadian-born Bieber never plans on becoming an American citizen. "You guys are evil," he says with a laugh. "Canada's the best country in the world. We go to the doctor and we don't need to worry about paying him, but here, your whole life, you're broke because of medical bills. My bodyguard's baby was premature, and now he has to pay for it. In Canada, if your baby's premature, he stays in the hospital as long as he needs to, and then you go home."
- He isn't sure what political party he'd support if he was old enough to vote. "I'm not sure about the parties," Bieber says. "But whatever they have in Korea, that's bad." He does have a solid opinion on abortion. "I really don't believe in abortion," Bieber says. "It's like killing a baby?" How about in cases of rape? "Um. Well, I think that's really sad, but everything happens for a reason. I guess I haven't been in that position, so I wouldn't be able to judge that."
- Bieber's voice began to change on his last tour. He's now working with a vocal coach, which involves doing 20 push-ups before before a session to warm up his chest. "He's got a nice tone tone to his voice now," says his vocal couch Jan Smith. "It's a good texture, but it doesn't sound like what his fans think he sounds like. He'll get four octaves eventually. He's still young."
Check out a behind-the-scenes video from Justin Bieber's Rolling Stone cover shoot here.
More Justin Bieber:
- Kid Rock: Teen Idols On the Cover of Rolling Stone
- O, Canada: Saluting the Great White North's Biggest Natives, From Neil Young to Justin Bieber
- Hear the Cast of GleeCover "Somebody to Love"
- Peter Travers' Review of Justin Bieber: Never Say Never
- Justin Bieber
- Vanessa Grigoriadis
- Rolling Stone