Although there are no hard and fast rules about what constitutes a "classic album", most of us know one when we hear it. These are albums that contain no filler, every single song is a gem and if you heard the songs in a different order it just wouldn't fit. Well, a fun thing to do with a classic album is to rebuild it with cover versions of all the songs. Just put them in the same order as the original and press play. Sometimes it works great and other times not so much, but it's always a fresh way to listen to something tried and true. For this playlist I've reconstructed the classic album Led Zeppelin IV. An album that many of us have worn out on multiple occasions. An album that has influenced generations of musicians with it's perfect collection of 8 tracks.
What cover versions of these songs would you use?
Classic Albums Remade: Led Zeppelin IV
1. Black Dog - Hayseed Dixie
2. Rock And Roll - Heart
3. The Battle Of Evermore - Steve Bingham
4. Stairway To Heaven - Dread Zeppelin
5. Misty Mountain Hop - The Slashstones
6. Four Sticks - The Experimentalists
7. Going to California - Richard DeVinck
8. When The Levee Breaks - W.A.S.P.
Follow what Robert is listening to on Twitter.