I've always wondered about the prevalent use of ice in band names. I haven't done any proper research yet, but I suspect that "Ice" is an easy way to say that your band is "way cool". In the old school days rap pioneers were ice-crazy -- Ice-T, Ice Cube, Vanilla Ice... the list goes on and on. But it was not just rap acts that used ice as a key component of their band name. For this playlist I've picked the first 10 artists who came to mind that use some form of ice in their name. How cool they are is up for you to decide.
Who's your favorite "Icy Cool" artist?
Icy Cool Artists
1. New Jack Hustler - Ice-T
2. No Vaseline - Ice Cube
3. Birds Fly (Whisper To A Scream) - The Icicle Works
4. Your Biggest Mistake - Test Icicles
5. Ice Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice
6. Back To The Old School - Just Ice
7. Murders And Acquisitions - Ice Nine Kills
8. 1850 - Icy Demons
9. Dance To The Rhythm - Fresh Kid Ice
10. Walk On The Water - Ice
Follow what Robert is listening to on Twitter.