For this playlist I've selected 10 songs that pay homage cotton, so the next time you pull on a pair of jeans put this playlist on and think about where they came from.
Most likely, your jeans started as a cotton crop in America where is was harvested, packed and shipped to China, then turned into the jeans and shipped back where you picked them up at your local department store.
Ode To Cotton
1. Cotton Fields - Creedence Clearwater Revival
2. Cottonseed - The Drive-By Truckers
3. Cotton Eyed Joe (Live Version - Sept. 1959) - Nina Simone
4. Cotton Fields - The Pogues
5. Cotton - The Mountain Goats
6. Song of the Cotton Field (Recorded, February 3, 1927) - Duke Ellington and His Orchestra
7. California Cotton Fields (1973 Live Version) - Gram Parsons & the Fallen Angels
8. Low Cotton - Django Reinhardt
9. High Cotton - Alabama
10. Cotton Pickin' Blues - Gene Strasser
Follow what Robert is listening to on Twitter.
- Blue Ridge mountains