I was born and raised for the first 13 years of my life in Scranton, PA, which is only a couple hours drive from Philadelphia. So Philly was a place I loved to visit as a kid. I was completely enthralled by much of what Philly had to offer back then -- the history, the Franklin Institute, Phillies games, cheesesteaks, and so much more that is unique to the city. And when the blockbuster film Rocky came out it made Philly even cooler. Next week I'm packing the family into the car and setting off on a two week vacation -- Philly will be a three night stop for us. I hope the museums and history inspire my kids the way I was inspired, and if I'm lucky I'll learn something myself. The only thing I am having a hard time deciding is Pat's or Geno's?
This playlist includes 15 songs that pay homage to Philadelphia, what would you add?
1. Sailing To Philadelphia - Mark Knopfler
2. Philadelphia Freedom - Elton John
3. Streets Of Philadelphia - Bruce Springsteen
4. Philadelphia - B.B. King
5. Philadelphia - Peter Gabriel
6. Fall In Philadelphia - Hall & Oates
7. Philadelphia, PA - Jan & Dean
8. Philadelphia Grand Jury - The Fiery Furnaces
9. Ms. Philadelphia - Musiq
10. Philly Philly - (featuring Beanie Siegal) - Eve
11. Philadelphia - Parachute
12. Philadelphia Lawyer - Woody Guthrie
13. Philadelphia Baby - Charlie Rich
14. Philly Rag - Dan Hicks
15. Philly Cheese Blunt - Medeski, Martin and Wood
Follow what Robert is listening to on Twitter.