I would put good money on the assumption that pizza has fueled more recording sessions and timeless albums than any other food on the planet. Americans especially love their pizza and have strong opinions on what region makes the best pie. New York City pizza is probably the most beloved, but Chicago and California have their own unique styles as well. My favorite is the little known Old Forge style pizza from Northeastern Pennsylvania, which uses American cheese. I know pizza snobs will laugh at the thought, but chances are they haven't tried it. So take it from me, NEPA pizza rules. Tonight our family had pizza and a movie and I found myself longing for the pizza of my youth. Ah, life's simple pleasures. This playlist includes 10 pizza-centric tracks you can enjoy with a slice.
1. That's Amore - Dean Martin
2. The Pizza That Ate Chicago - Tom Paxton
3. The Pizza Song - Bouncing Souls
4. Cherry Coke and Pizza Pie - The Mutts
5. Pizza Day - Jonathan Coulton
6. A Complicated Song - "Weird Al" Yankovic
7. Loco De Amor - David Byrne
8. Eat To The Beat - Blondie
9. Blue Jeans Pizza - moe.
10. Pizza NIF - Horse the Band
Follow what Robert is listening to on Twitter.