The color pink is simply a blend of red and white, but it has many connotations in the popular culture. Because of this, the color pink can be found sprinkled throughout pop music. Pink is a color that's closely associated with girls and femininity -- my own 7-year old daughter is a typical pink-loving child. The color's close association with femininity has helped it branch out to be representative of love, romance, glamour, cuteness, homosexuality, breast cancer awareness and more. However, many don't realize that pink has only been associated with things feminine since the 1940s. Before that, blue was associated with girls as it was the color of the Virgin Mary, while pink was associated with boys. But when we put these stereotypes aside, pink is simply a great color that can be worn and used by men and women alike. For this playlist I have selected 20 exceptional examples of pink-centric songs.
Ode To The Color Pink
1. Pink Moon - Nick Drake
2. Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots Part 1 - The Flaming Lips
3. Pink Houses - John Mellencamp
4. Pretty In Pink - The Psychedelic Furs
5. Pink Triangle - Weezer
6. Pretty Pink Ribbon - Cake
7. Pink - Aerosmith
8. A White Sport Coat And A Pink Carnation - Marty Robbins
9. Pink Cashmere - Prince
10. Pink & Blue - Outkast
11. Pink Fluffy Dinosaurs - Hooverphonic
12. Pink Cadillac - Natalie Cole
13. Red, White & Pink Slip Blues - Hank Williams, Jr.
14. Pink Guitar - Reba McEntire
15. Geek In The Pink - Jason Mraz
16. Bright Pink Bookmark - Frightened Rabbit
17. Pink Mountain Rag - John Doe
18. Pink Maggit - Deftones
19. Pink - Carbon Leaf
20. The Pink Panther Theme - Henry Mancini
Follow what Robert is listening to on Twitter.