I would not wish a divorce on my worst enemy, but if you become an unfortunate statistic on the battlefield of love then I may have the soundtrack for you.
This playlist contains a perfect collection of songs for your next divorce or breakup party. There are literally thousands of separation songs sung from a "woe-is-me" perspective. And if that's what you're looking for, this is not the playlist for you.
The majority of the songs found here are empowering and spiteful. When you're going through a divorce you don't need melancholy music to drive you further to depression. What you need are songs that tell it like it is, and lay the blame squarely on your ex, truth be damned. Snide remarks and an independent spirit hit the spot when you're heartbroken and these songs may be just what the doctor ordered.
So get some good friends together, put this list on, then lift a glass and a middle finger. You have my word, it will get better.
The Divorce Party Playlist:
1. Love Stinks - The J. Geils Band
2. Goodbye To You - Scandal
3. I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
4. 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover - Paul Simon
5. Hit The Road, Jack - Shirley Horn
6. You're So Vain - Carly Simon
7. The Thrill Is Gone - B.B. King
8. Time For Me To Fly - REO Speedwagon
9. Release Me - Live - Engelbert Humperdinck
10. I'm Free - The Rolling Stones
11. Harden My Heart - Quarterflash
12. I Hate Myself For Loving You - Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
13. Whatever Will Be, Will Be (Que Sera, Sera) - Doris Day
14. Here's A Quarter (Call Someone Who Cares) - Travis Tritt
15. Jive Talkin' - Bee Gees
16. Let's Call The Whole Thing Off - Louis Armstrong
17. Lonesome Loser - Little River Band
18. Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) - Journey
19. Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves - Aretha Franklin
20. I Don't Care About You - Guns N' Roses
21. Idiot Wind - Bob Dylan
22. I Hope You Die - The Bloodhound Gang
23. Happy Trails - Van Halen