I caught a lot of flack yesterday for not producing a playlist for the end of the world, which was supposed to happen this past Saturday night according to 89-year preacher Harold Camping. Let's just say I was too busy enjoying what I thought was the last weekend of my life. Thanks Harold! As we all know, the end of the world never did arrive, but we have 2012 (the Mayan calendar end of the world date) to look forward to. I wanted to be musically prepared for the next "end of the world", so I sat down and thought hard about what my top 10 end of the world songs would be. To qualify, they had to be connected to the end of the world in some fashion and they had to be songs I would personally enjoy listening to if they turned out to be the last I ever heard.
What 10 songs would be on your end of the world list?
Top 10 Songs For The End of The World
1. It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine - R.E.M.
2. Rapture - Blondie
3. The End - The Doors
4. Goodbye Cruel World - Pink Floyd
5. Judgement Day - Roy Rogers
6. Bad Moon Rising - Creedence Clearwater Revival
7. Until The End Of The World - U2
8. Eve Of Destruction - Barry McGuire
9. The Rapture - Siouxsie and the Banshees
10. The End Of The World - The Cure
Follow what Robert is listening to on Twitter.