Formerly known as Giant Baby, the comedy stars Alley as Maddie Banks, a Broadway star whose world suddenly changes when the son she gave up for adoption (played by Eric Petersen) shows up after 26 years.
Perlman, meanwhile, plays Maddie’s best friend and assistant; Richards is her kooky limo driver.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Sadly, Blackie Parrish is not General Hospital-bound. While appearing on The Jeff Probst Show (airing Monday, Feb. 18), John Stamos nixed rumors that his Port Charles alter ego would make a triumphant return to the soap. In video obtained by TV Guide Magazine, the actor explains that producers wanted him to play backup in a Rick Springfield-led band at the upcoming Nurses’ Ball — so he passed.
• From ratingsland: TNT’s Southland on Wednesday night opened Season 5 with 1.2 million total viewers, down 33 percent from the cop drama’s previous premiere.
• CCH Pounder (The Shield) has joined CBS’ drama pilot The Advocates, Deadline reports. The legal project, from Mentalist creator Bruno Heller, centers on a female lawyer and a male ex-con who team up as “victim advocates,” with Pounder playing the lawyer’s boss.
• ABC Family has set an April 21 premiere for Lovestruck: The Musical, an original movie-musical starring Jane Seymour (Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman), Sara Paxton (Summerland), Chelsea Kane (Jonas), Drew Seeley (Glory Daze) and Tom Wopat (The Dukes of Hazzard).
• Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta is slated to launch its new season March 8 at 9/8c on TLC.
• Lifetime is developing a four-part miniseries based on the life of Ancient Egypt’s Cleopatra, per Deadline. Robert Port (Numbers) will pen the project, while Michael Goldstein and Mike Larkin (Scoundrels) are set to exec-produce.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?
- Arts & Entertainment
- John Stamos
- TV Land